ancestors

  • ashreeve
    Message 1 of 3 , May 20, 2002
      Thank you for my welcome. Actually in Peterhead I have birth certificates
      for grandparents and for one great-grandparent but as I while away my time
      here in the Emirates, I am trying to put together an album for my nephews.
      My greatgrandfather was William Simpson Buchan, his wife Barbara Cow(e)
      Buchan, as far as I know they are buried in the Cemetery on South Road.

      My other great-grandparents were Benjamin Buchan and Christina Walker; I'm
      not sure where they were buried but I may be able to get this info when I
      am in PD for the summer.

      I am fortunate that I have black and white photographs for this generation
      of people. I would like more info about them (where they came from, dates
      of birth and death).

      I was also told that the parents of either William Simpson Buchan or
      Barbara Cow Buchan came from Boatsea and I am desperately trying to find
      info on this forgotten village.

      Regards, Ann
    • Mmm16dav@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 20, 2002
        Ann Hi,

        Welcome to the group - I have information on the village which was called
        Boatlea. Will type it up and send to group so any others can see it as well.

        What is more interesting to me are the names you are researching. The Cow as
        part of the name suggests the maiden name of an earlier generation. My maiden
        name was Cowe and I have a wealth of information on the Cow(e) family.

        The Buchan is a long shot as Peterhead and Buchan are like searching in a hay
        stack. I am in contact with a lady from Seattle who is reseaching a Buchan
        family with 14 offspring and one of the names was Benjamin! Who are the
        parents of your Benjamin? Also if you know the names of any of the boats
        linked with your family that would be a great help,

        Good Luck,

        Margie

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 5, 2002
          Hi Ann,

          ashreeve wrote:

          > Thank you for my welcome. Actually in Peterhead I have birth
          > certificates
          > for grandparents and for one great-grandparent but as I while away my
          > time
          > here in the Emirates, I am trying to put together an album for my
          > nephews.
          > My greatgrandfather was William Simpson Buchan, his wife Barbara
          > Cow(e)
          > Buchan, as far as I know they are buried in the Cemetery on South
          > Road.
          >
          > My other great-grandparents were Benjamin Buchan and Christina
          > Walker; I'm
          > not sure where they were buried but I may be able to get this info
          > when I
          > am in PD for the summer.

          You said you have birth certificates, could you tell me the dates of
          birth for the names you have and the marriages dates given for the
          parents. This will help me to know what period to start looking in.