Peterhead Florence/Dougall

  • Marie Anne Cooper
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 1998
      Hi Wade,

      I have just received a letter from my cousin in which she included
      the following facts that she holds.

      Alexander Florence immigrated from Peterhead, North Scotland.
      He eloped with his wife to be Isobella Dougall to 2nd Valley South
      Australia. During the marriage Isobella Dougall's Mother every
      second year sent the couple 500 pounds this stopped on the death
      of Isobella and remarriage of Alexander.

      The Florence's clan had a Tartan? she says.

      She still calls Alexander, Peter Florence. But all the records
      in South Australia refer to him as Alexander either as I think
      she is wrong with the christian name or Peter took the name of
      Alexander in Sth Australia... for some reason.

      Please can anyone help me with quest to find my roots.

      Marie,
      Auckland NZL