FORREST families

  • Ivo
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2002
      Hi group,
      I'm researching the FORREST families in Peterhead.
      One in particular, George Forrest who is married to Jannet Hay in the 1841 census, then to Betsy Gray in the 1851-81.
      Here's the entries;

      1841
      LOVE LANE, PETERHEAD
      GEORGE FORREST H M 31 MERCHANT PETERHEAD
      JANNET FORREST (Hay) W M 38 "
      CHARLES FORREST S U 6 SCHOLAR "
      JOHN FORREST S U 4 "
      MARY FORREST D U 2 "

      1851
      LOVE LANE, PETERHEAD
      GEORGE FORREST H M 40 GROCER PETERHEAD
      BESS FORREST W M 24 "
      CHARLES FORREST S U 16 SHOEMAKER "
      JOHN FORREST S U 14 "
      MARY FORREST D U 12 "
      CATHERINE FORREST D U 10 "
      GEORGE FORREST S U 8 "
      ELIZABETH FORREST D U 4 "

      1861
      13 LOVE LANE, PETERHEAD
      GEORGE FORREST H M 50 LABOURER PETERHEAD
      BETSY FORREST W M 35 "
      CATHERINE P. FORREST D U 13 "
      JAMES FORREST S U 9 "
      AGNES FORREST D U 5 "

      1871 not done yet

      1881
      14 ALBION STREET, PETERHEAD
      GEORGE FORREST H M 71 LATE MERCHANT PETERHEAD
      BETSY G. FORREST W M 55 "
      GEORGE MACKIE grandson 11 GREENOCK
      FRANK MACKIE """ 8 "

      If any of these names are connected to you, please let me know.
      Best wishes
      Catherine