Coull, Sandy, Cordiner

  • Fiona H.
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2002
      Hi all

      Just re-joining the group after changing my email address (yes I know now I didn't need to do it that way) so I thought I'd take the opportunity of relisting my direct ancestors with a Peterhead connection.

      Peter Coull c. 1782 - 1870/Margaret Reid c 1788-1857:
      John Coull c 1816 - 1887/(1) Margaret Sandy (2) Elizabeth Alexander
      John Coull 1838-1917/Elizabeth Cordiner 1841-1911
      Susan Coull 1863-1947

      I'd be very interested in more information about Margaret Sandy. A Margaret Sandy was pregnant and unmarried in Peterhead during 1838. The father of her child was William McKechran (who did not, judging from the kirk session records, offer much support although he did acknowledge paternity). I do not know if this is the same Margaret who appears as the mother of John Coull (b 1838) on his marriage certificate - but a child of the right age is certainly there in John (senior's) household in 1841 and 1851 censuses - though no sign of Margaret in his household in 1841 and by 1851 John (senior) was married to Elizabeth.

      Fiona Hird

      http://www.genealogy.com/users/h/i/r/Fiona-Hird/?Welcome=1020800017