Re: 1858 deaths

  • Shirley Elrick
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 1998
      Dear Elizabeth I realise that your request was directed to Wade, and I am
      certain he will oblige from the official records. I have some other small
      details, and I am passing this on in case it may be of use.

      William BRUCE bn 30th September 1797 to Charles BRUCE and Isabella ELRICK
      who were married 6th August 1796 in Old Machar, Aberdeenshire. At least one

      John BRUCE was in the 1851 census of Peterhead - Family listed in the 1851
      census are: John BRUCE 51 years old labourer born in Aberdeen (head), Ann 48
      years old born in Cruden (wife), Isabella 16, Margaret 13, William 11,
      Charles 8 and Ann 5 (children). Address is 59 Marischall Street, Peterhead.

      Shirley Elrick in Melbourne, Australia.
      Email = shirley_elrick@...

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 1998
        Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes wrote:

        > From: "Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes" <bede@...>
        >
        > Wade, may I please have further information on William Bruce b.1798
        > and John Gill Reid b. 1839. Thank you Betty.

        No.51, William Bruce, labourer, married, died 18/4/1858 4.30 am 2/3 Ugie
        Street, male 60 years, parents: Charles Bruce crofter (deceased) and
        Isabel Bruce ms Elrick (deceased), cause: Phthisis Pulmonalis about 3
        months, Henry Mason undertaker, informantL John Bruce, brother, present.

        No.87, John Gill Reid, Clerk (single), 13/7/1858, oh 30, pm, Broad
        Street, male, 19 years, parents: James Reid, tailor and Helen Reid ms
        Abel (deceased), cause: Phthisis Pulmonalis about a year, Allan S.
        Thomson undertaker, Ann Reid, Aunt (present).