Robertson Milne or Greig

  • royflett
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2002
      Robertson Greig (female) died 1881 Peterhead, wife of William Greig,
      joiner, 22 North Street, Peterhead. Her age is given as 73 which
      would make her birth around 1808. Her parents names are given as
      James Milne and Frances Weir. The death was notified by her daughter
      Agnes Middleton, wife of Richard Middleton.

      In the 1881 census for Peterhead Robertson Greig appears with her
      husband William at 22d North Street, aged 71, place of birth
      Peterhead. Richard Middleton and Agnes Greig lived at 57a Longate in
      1881. The had a daughter Robenson Middleton, aged 5, born Peterhead.

      A Robertson Milne (male) was baptised Peterhead 12 Oct 1823, daughter
      of William Milne and Margaret Park. As Robertson is an unusual
      Christian name, there may be a connection.

      Is anyone researching this family ?
    • Hazel Holt
      Message 2 of 4 , May 6, 2002
        I have a Robertson Milne (male) who died in 1940 who was married to Jessie Ann Hay. I also thought that this was an unusual Christian name.

      • royflett
        Message 3 of 4 , May 12, 2002
          Hazel

          Do you know the parents' names of your Robertson Milne?

          There are only a couple appearing in the IGI.

          Roy

          Message 4 of 4 , May 14, 2002
            Yes Roy I do. They are Alexander Milne b. around 1836 Peterhead and Isabella Reid b. around 1841 St. Fergus.
            I found Robertson through his Death Certificate when looking for another member of his family. He is the brother of my Gr. Gr. Grandmother.

            Hazel