1858 deaths

  • Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 1998
      Wade, may I please have further information on William Bruce b.1798
      and John Gill Reid b. 1839. Thank you Betty.
    • Shirley Elrick
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 6, 1998
        Dear Elizabeth I realise that your request was directed to Wade, and I am
        certain he will oblige from the official records. I have some other small
        details, and I am passing this on in case it may be of use.

        William BRUCE bn 30th September 1797 to Charles BRUCE and Isabella ELRICK
        who were married 6th August 1796 in Old Machar, Aberdeenshire. At least one

        John BRUCE was in the 1851 census of Peterhead - Family listed in the 1851
        census are: John BRUCE 51 years old labourer born in Aberdeen (head), Ann 48
        years old born in Cruden (wife), Isabella 16, Margaret 13, William 11,
        Charles 8 and Ann 5 (children). Address is 59 Marischall Street, Peterhead.

        Shirley Elrick in Melbourne, Australia.
        Email = shirley_elrick@...

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 7, 1998
          Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes wrote:

          > From: "Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes" <bede@...>
          >
          > Wade, may I please have further information on William Bruce b.1798
          > and John Gill Reid b. 1839. Thank you Betty.

          No.51, William Bruce, labourer, married, died 18/4/1858 4.30 am 2/3 Ugie
          Street, male 60 years, parents: Charles Bruce crofter (deceased) and
          Isabel Bruce ms Elrick (deceased), cause: Phthisis Pulmonalis about 3
          months, Henry Mason undertaker, informantL John Bruce, brother, present.

          No.87, John Gill Reid, Clerk (single), 13/7/1858, oh 30, pm, Broad
          Street, male, 19 years, parents: James Reid, tailor and Helen Reid ms
          Abel (deceased), cause: Phthisis Pulmonalis about a year, Allan S.
          Thomson undertaker, Ann Reid, Aunt (present).