1852 Crew Agreements (Arthur)

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 1998
      Hi John,

      John Brebner wrote:

      > I'd be interested in any ARTHUR or BREBNER/BREMNER listed in those crew
      > agreements.

      I've already found one for you, transcribed last week. Only just
      started, so we keep a look out for others.

      "Columbia" of Peterhead, 308 tons, sailed from Peterhead to Greenland,
      whaling & sealing.

      Thomas Arthur, age 41, born Peterhead, ticket no.95578, previous ship
      Shmisonata? of Peterhead (I had trouble reading this), occupation: Boat
      Steerer, joined 16/2/1852 in Peterhead, discharged 11/8/1852 in
      Peterhead.

      if this person is yours or you are interested, it is possible to get his
      physical description from another source. Can let you know how.

      > BREBNER/BREMNER/BRYMNER Genealogy in the North East of Scotland
      > Web Page: http://142.92.40.53/index.htm

      I was hoping you were going to tell the others of your great site. Have
      visited the site before and made me wish I had a Brebner etc.

      Great searchable databases, I will have to ask you one day how you did
      it. Would like to do the same to the many Peterhead databases I have.