Welcome to peterhead @onelist.com

  • Marie Anne Cooper
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 1998
      Hi Wade,

      Delighted to join the Peterhead group and thank you for your
      welcome.

      I am researching the family name of Florence. My gtgt Grand-
      father Alexander Florence arrived in Sth Australia around
      June/July 1852 a purchased land. My first contact with his
      history was with his marriage to Isobella Dougall at Hindmarth
      Sth Australia.

      His age at his marriage was 36 years. Occupation a farmer.
      I am trying to find his place of birth, parents and siblings.
      I have been unable to find on the Australian records his place
      of birth but my cousin feels she has been told in the past it
      was Peterhead.

      I would be grateful for any help you can extend to me.

      Marie
      NZL
      guth