Re: Morrison,Ritchie,Mundie

  • royflett
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 17, 2002
      U was interseted in your information on the children of David Ritchie
      and Elizabeth Mundie. One of the children was called Martha Magdelin
      Ritchie.

      My ancestor Ann Mundie who was born Crimond and died 1872 Peterhead,
      had a sister called Dollie Mundie. I assumed Dollie was short for
      Dorothy but now find that she was actually Magdeline. Dollie was born
      1785 and died 1857 Peterhead so would have been alive when Martha was
      baptised.

      As this is an uncommon Christian name in itself it seems more than a
      coincidence that an Elizabeth Mundie should have a child with
      magdelin in her name in Peterhead at a similar time.

      The parents of Ann and Dollie are John Mundie and Margaret Presslie m
      1785 Lonmay. Any information on your Elizabeth Mundie would be
      appreciated.

      --- In Peterhead@y..., "Morrison, William" <morriw00@p...> wrote:
      > I have recently joined the group and am interested in the above
      mentioned
      > names, the details I have discovered so far are shown below:
      >
      > David Ritchie Christened 10th October 1784 Old Deer
      > Married
      > Elizabeth Mundie
      > Daughter Mary Ritchie Born Peterhead
      >
      > Married 6th June 1840, Peterhead
      > Alexander Morrison Born Peterhead Alexander's Mother was Ann .......
      >
      > Children
      > Alexander Born Peterhead 1842
      > David Born Peterhead 1843?
      > Ann Born Peterhead 1844?
      > Elizabeth Born Peterhead 1846?
      > Barbara Born Peterhead 1848 died Peterhead 1856
      > Martha Magdelin Born Peterhead 1850?
      >
      > They lived in No 4 Westertown according to the 1851 census
      > Son
      > George Born Peterhead 1857 Died Peterhead 1912 My
      Grandfather

      > Married (1) Aberdeen 1885
      > Lilly or Lillias Stewart born Peterhead 1861 died 1886
      > Son
      > Charles Born Peterhead 1886 Died 1940 New South
      Wales, Australia

      > Married (2) Hawick 1903
      > Elizabeth Marshall Born Edinburgh 1871 Died 1955 Peterhead My
      Grandmother
      > Children
      > Helen Taylor Born Peterhead 1904 Died Peterhead 1985
      > William James Marshall Born Peterhead 1907 Died Woolwich, England
      1980

      > I would be very interested if anyone could make any
      connections with