Ships from Peterhead?

  • Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2002
      We were told by an older member of my husband's family, that his
      great-grandfather sailed as a ships carpenter to Australia before
      settling in Peterhead in his Ironmongery business. Charles BRUCE was b.
      in 1842 [in Peterhead] and married in 1871 in Peterhead. He began his
      sea time on whaling boats.
      Any help/ suggestions on finding information about him-gratefully
      accepted! Betty.