Re: [Peterhead] Digest Number 645

  • olorosoo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 13, 2002
      Lynley

      The papers I have which were handed down in the family relate only to my
      ancestor John Coull. I noticed a posting on another group which may help - I
      quote below, but haven't checked these out myself.

      'You will need to find the Register of Seaman's Tickets which can be
      found at the Aberdeen Family History Centre or in more detail at the
      Public Records Office at Kew in London. The register will list the ships
      on which he sailed as well as other good details. "

      Fiona

      Peterhead@yahoogroups.com writes:

      > Atten. Fiona Hird
      > I was very interested in you seamen pages, and like you i have a Robert
      > Kean who was a seamen and wonder if please you chould look out for him , he
      > was born in Longside and moved to Peterhead
      > I have found him on census listed first as a seamen ,then a sailor , and
      > later a ship master
      > He had dealings with the Hudson Bay Company
      > Any help i can get from you and anyone reading this will be greatfully
      > recieved
      > Lynley
      > i.l.tilbury@...

    • i.l.tilbury
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 14, 2002
        Thankyou for replying to my e mail.
        But Aberdeen family history say they have not what you said they have , i
        will forward to you what they say