Re: [Peterhead] Peterhead -Whaling

  • i.l.tilbury
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 12, 2002
      Atten. Fiona Hird
      I was very interested in you seamen pages , and like you i have a Robert
      Kean who was a seamen and wonder if please you chould look out for him , he
      was born in Longside and moved to Peterhead
      I have found him on census listed first as a seamen ,then a sailor , and
      later a ship master
      He had dealings with the Hudson Bay Company
      Any help i can get from you and anyone reading this will be greatfully
      recieved
      Lynley
      i.l.tilbury@...

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 19, 2002
        Lynley,

        I was very interested in you seamen pages , and like you i have a Robert
        >Kean who was a seamen and wonder if please you chould look out for him , he
        >was born in Longside and moved to Peterhead
        >I have found him on census listed first as a seamen ,then a sailor , and
        >later a ship master
        >He had dealings with the Hudson Bay Company

        Have you asked about the Hudson's Bay Company records, the originals are in
        Canada but there are microfilms at the Public Record Office, Kew, England
        but I am not sure how easy they are to use.

        David

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 19, 2002
          ATTN, David
          What a thrill it was to recieve your e mail , and to find we might be
          researching the same person
          Chould you tell me his birth death and marriage please so i can see if we
          are infact on the same line
          I look forward to hearing from you out of the group please
          Regards Lynley

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/