Re: [Peterhead] Register of the Poor belonging to the parish of Peterhead

  • i.l.tilbury
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 12, 2002
      FOR ROY FLETT
      Being very interested in anything to do with Peterhead , i wonder if you can
      please tell me who to contact
      To obtain thease records , my family are the Kean Family from Peterhead ,
      and maybe some of them will be on these records
      Lynley
      i.l.tilbury@...

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 12, 2002
        Greetings,
        Where would I be able to access the "Register of the Poor" for the Parish of
        Peterhead?
        Thank you,
        Elizabeth

        .

      • royflett
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 12, 2002
          The Poor Relief records for Peterhead are held by the Aberdeen City
          Council Archivist.

          http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/acc/archivists.htm

          They have been indexed by Surname by the Aberdeen & North East
          Scotland Family History Society.

          http://www.anesfhs.org.uk/

          Roy