Register of the Poor belonging to the parish of Peterhead

  • royflett
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 11, 2002
      I have examined the Poor Relief records for many parishes and find
      those for Peterhead particularly detailed and extremely useful to
      family historians. This is a transcription of the record for my gt gt
      gt gt grandfather.

      General Register of Poor Belonging to the Parish of Peterhead

      Page 731

      Alexander Slorach ; 1/1 Ronheads ; Age 77

      Minute of Parochial Board 9th April 1872

      Description of Relief 2/- per week

      Birth: West Indies; Protestant; Married; Shoemaker

      Partially disabled due to infirmity of age, Partially destitute

      Wife: Ann Mundie born in Crimond died 25 Nov 1872

      Children: Elizabeth, wife of Wm Taylor, labourer, no family but has
      brought up three orphan children of her sisters, 1 child dependent,

      Margart, in Dundee, a widow Robert, in Dundee, seaman four children,

      Ann, wife of James Mitchell, labourer "scanty".

      John, blacksmith, where about working unknown, married Banff.

      Died 8th May 1877.
    • i.l.tilbury
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 12, 2002
        FOR ROY FLETT
        Being very interested in anything to do with Peterhead , i wonder if you can
        please tell me who to contact
        To obtain thease records , my family are the Kean Family from Peterhead ,
        and maybe some of them will be on these records
        Lynley
        i.l.tilbury@...

        > I have examined the Poor Relief records for many parishes and find
        > those for Peterhead particularly detailed and extremely useful to
        > family historians. This is a transcription of the record for my gt gt
        > gt gt grandfather.
        >
        > General Register of Poor Belonging to the Parish of Peterhead
        >
        > Page 731
        >
        > Alexander Slorach ; 1/1 Ronheads ; Age 77
        >
        > Minute of Parochial Board 9th April 1872
        >
        > Description of Relief 2/- per week
        >
        > Birth: West Indies; Protestant; Married; Shoemaker
        >
        > Partially disabled due to infirmity of age, Partially destitute
        >
        > Wife: Ann Mundie born in Crimond died 25 Nov 1872
        >
        > Children: Elizabeth, wife of Wm Taylor, labourer, no family but has
        > brought up three orphan children of her sisters, 1 child dependent,
        >
        > Margart, in Dundee, a widow Robert, in Dundee, seaman four children,
        >
        > Ann, wife of James Mitchell, labourer "scanty".
        >
        > John, blacksmith, where about working unknown, married Banff.
        >
        > Died 8th May 1877.

      • Elizabeth Spinello
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 12, 2002
          Greetings,
          Where would I be able to access the "Register of the Poor" for the Parish of
          Peterhead?
          Thank you,
          Elizabeth

          .

        • royflett
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 12, 2002
            The Poor Relief records for Peterhead are held by the Aberdeen City
            Council Archivist.

            http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/acc/archivists.htm

            They have been indexed by Surname by the Aberdeen & North East
            Scotland Family History Society.

            http://www.anesfhs.org.uk/

            Roy