Peterhead -Whaling

  • olorosoo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 11, 2002
      My gggrandfather John Coull's papers comprise certificates of discharge from
      voyages 1859 to 1894 to everywhere from Calcutta to the Davis Straits. I
      have finally got these scanned in and uploaded.

      Both a summary table with information on ships, masters, destinations and
      length of trip (
      http://www.genealogy.com/users/h/i/r/Fiona-Hird/FILE/0001page.html ) and
      copies of the certificates themselves (
      http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/fionah_2000 ) can be accessed from my website
      at http://www.genealogy.com/users/h/i/r/Fiona-Hird/ . It may be useful to
      others who are interested in the same ships or their masters. The ships are:

      Agostina
      Lord Saltoun
      Ariel
      Garron
      Inverugie
      Adrian
      Concord
      Sarah
      Windward SS
      Mary Pears
      Sovereign
      Perseverance
      Windward
      Conoid?
      Norseman
      Calabria
      Andrew Longmore
      Renown
      Traveller
      Girdleness
      and one or two illegibles!

      If anyone has any more information about these voyages, or can point me
      towards other sources, I'd be very interested in learning more.

      Fiona Hird

    • i.l.tilbury
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 12, 2002
        Atten. Fiona Hird
        I was very interested in you seamen pages , and like you i have a Robert
        Kean who was a seamen and wonder if please you chould look out for him , he
        was born in Longside and moved to Peterhead
        I have found him on census listed first as a seamen ,then a sailor , and
        later a ship master
        He had dealings with the Hudson Bay Company
        Any help i can get from you and anyone reading this will be greatfully
        recieved
        Lynley
        i.l.tilbury@...

        > My gggrandfather John Coull's papers comprise certificates of discharge
        from
        > voyages 1859 to 1894 to everywhere from Calcutta to the Davis Straits. I
        > have finally got these scanned in and uploaded.
        >
        > Both a summary table with information on ships, masters, destinations and
        > length of trip (
        > http://www.genealogy.com/users/h/i/r/Fiona-Hird/FILE/0001page.html ) and
        > copies of the certificates themselves (
        > http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/fionah_2000 ) can be accessed from my
        website
        > at http://www.genealogy.com/users/h/i/r/Fiona-Hird/ . It may be useful to
        > others who are interested in the same ships or their masters. The ships
        are:

        > Agostina
        > Lord Saltoun
        > Ariel
        > Garron
        > Inverugie
        > Adrian
        > Concord
        > Sarah
        > Windward SS
        > Mary Pears
        > Sovereign
        > Perseverance
        > Windward
        > Conoid?
        > Norseman
        > Calabria
        > Andrew Longmore
        > Renown
        > Traveller
        > Girdleness
        > and one or two illegibles!
        >
        > If anyone has any more information about these voyages, or can point me
        > towards other sources, I'd be very interested in learning more.
        >
        > Fiona Hird

      • dmatt
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 19, 2002
          Lynley,

          I was very interested in you seamen pages , and like you i have a Robert
          >Kean who was a seamen and wonder if please you chould look out for him , he
          >was born in Longside and moved to Peterhead
          >I have found him on census listed first as a seamen ,then a sailor , and
          >later a ship master
          >He had dealings with the Hudson Bay Company

          Have you asked about the Hudson's Bay Company records, the originals are in
          Canada but there are microfilms at the Public Record Office, Kew, England
          but I am not sure how easy they are to use.

          David

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 19, 2002
            ATTN, David
            What a thrill it was to recieve your e mail , and to find we might be
            researching the same person
            Chould you tell me his birth death and marriage please so i can see if we
            are infact on the same line
            I look forward to hearing from you out of the group please
            Regards Lynley

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/