1851 census - McKinnon

  • Joanne Pye
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 10 11:32 AM
      Hi Wade,

      If not too much trouble and only if you have the time, would it be possible
      for you to see if the following appear on the 1851 census?

      Shand MCKINNON and
      Ann MCKINNON m.s DAVIDSON with son Thomas Robertson MCKINNON who may only be
      a few weeks old.

      John MCKINNON and wife Isabel MCKINNON m.s RAE

      Thank you so much for any help you can give.

      Joanne
      Researching:
      MILNE, KINLOCH, SMITH, RIACH, RAE, ALLAN, ANGUS, CHAPMAN, PATERSON, HAY,
      THOMSON- Aberdeen
      KINLOCH, WATSON, SMITH - Glasgow
      KINLOCH, MITCHELSON- Dundee
      ANGUS- Edinburgh
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 22 6:09 AM
        Hi Joanne,

        Joanne Pye wrote:

        > Hi Wade,
        >
        > If not too much trouble and only if you have the time, would it be
        > possible
        > for you to see if the following appear on the 1851 census?
        >
        > Shand MCKINNON and
        > Ann MCKINNON m.s DAVIDSON with son Thomas Robertson MCKINNON who may
        > only be
        > a few weeks old.
        >
        > John MCKINNON and wife Isabel MCKINNON m.s RAE

        District 6, Page 17, No.91, East Seagate
        Ann McKinnon, wife of head, mar, 35, Peterhead
        Thomas R. McKinnon, son, 1 month, Peterhead
        Isabella Arthur, serv, unmar, 18, Peterhead

        No Johns. Would Isabella aged 72 be right?

      • Joanne Pye
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 23 10:25 AM
          Hi Wade,

          Thank you very much for the McKinnon census info, it is very helpful.

          > No Johns. Would Isabella aged 72 be right?

          Yes there is a strong possibility that Isabella could be in her 70's. I'm
          trying to investigate if this is my Isabella RAE that married James RIACH
          1801 Peterhead, and if John McKINNON was her second husband.

          Thanks again for all your help and I hope you're well.

          Joanne

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 6, 2002
            Hi Joanne,

            Joanne Pye wrote:

            > Hi Wade,
            >
            > Thank you very much for the McKinnon census info, it is very helpful.
            >
            > > No Johns. Would Isabella aged 72 be right?
            >
            > Yes there is a strong possibility that Isabella could be in her 70's.
            > I'm
            > trying to investigate if this is my Isabella RAE that married James
            > RIACH
            > 1801 Peterhead, and if John McKINNON was her second husband.
            >
            > Thanks again for all your help and I hope you're well.
            >
            > Joanne

            District 9, Page 4, No.17, Longate Street
            Isabella McKinnon, head, 72, Slains
            Thomas Arthur, son-in-law, 39, Peterhead

            Have I already given you Isabella's death certificate details in 1859?

          • Joanne Pye
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 7, 2002
              Hi Wade,

              Thank you for the census details for Isabella McKinnon, they will be very
              useful.

              You mentioned Isabella's death in 1859. I don't believe I have the details
              about this and would be extremely grateful if you have the time.

              Thanks once again,
              Joanne

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 10, 2002
                Joanne Pye wrote:

                > Hi Wade,
                >
                > Thank you for the census details for Isabella McKinnon, they will be
                > very
                > useful.
                >
                > You mentioned Isabella's death in 1859. I don't believe I have the
                > details
                > about this and would be extremely grateful if you have the time.
                >
                > Thanks once again,
                > Joanne

                No.58, Isabella McKinnon widow of John McKinnon, nailer, died 23/5/1859
                8h am at 11 Longate, female, 80 years, parents: John Rae, carter (dead)
                and Helen Rae nee Clark (dead), cause: old age, informant: Hellen
                Kinloch, daughter, present, 55 Kirk Street.

              • Joanne Pye
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 11, 2002
                  Hi Wade,

                  Thank you so much for this information! This now confirms that Isabella was
                  my GGGGG Grandmother and also why McKINNON appears later on as middle name!

                  Thank you so much once again, I'm extremely grateful!!!

                  Joanne