Links Lair D255

  • royflett
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2002
      These are the entries for the Links Lair D255.

      May 1761 William Black 20

      Jan 2 1765 Mary Milne 67 wife of Wm Black

      Feb 16 1857 Dollie Mundie or Black 72

      Nov 27 1872 Ann Slorach 74 Queen Street

      Jul 2 1875 Elizabeth Slorach or Taylor 52 Wife of Wm Taylor

      May 1 1879 James Beattie 39 Queen Street

      June 2 1885 William Taylor 58 Queen Street
    • Roy Flett
      Message 2 of 2 , May 25, 2003
        Peterhead Links Lair D2555

        May 1761 William Black 20
        Jan 2 1765 Mary Milne 67 wife of William Black
        Feb 16 1857 Dallie Mundie or Black 72
        Nov 27 1872 Ann Slorach 74 Queen Street
        July 2 1875 Elizabeth Slorach or Taylor 52 Wife of Wm Taylor
        Queen Street
        May 1 1879 James Beattie 39 Queen Street
        June 2 1885 William Taylor 58 Queen Street

        Dallie or Magadalene Mundie was the daughter of my ancestors John
        Mundie and Margaret Pressley. She was born circa 1785 Crimond. She
        married James Black 26 Feb 1810 Peterhead. I have only found one
        child to this couple – Agnes Black b circa 1823.

        Ann Slorach was Ann Mundie , my gt gt gt gt grandmother born circa
        1799 Crimond who married Alexander Slorach. She was the sister
        of "Dallie" Mundie.

        Elizabeth Slorach or Taylor was Ann's daughter born 1823 Peterhead,
        who married William Taylor 4 August 1844 Peterhead. William Taylor
        was born 1826 Aberdeen to William Taylor and Elizabeth Mundie.
        William remarried after the death of his wife Elizabeth on 25 Feb
        1876 Peterhead to a Margaret Mackie, widow of Alexander Robb.

        Can anyone help with the identity of the others in the lair?

        James Black died before 1855 so the information in this lair is the
        only clue I have to his family.

        I can't find a death for a 39 year old James Beattie in 1879 and no
        Beatties at Queen Street in the 1881 census for Peterhead.