FORREST/FOREST family

  • Ivo
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2002
      Hi group,
      Is anyone researching the name FORREST.

      George Forrest on the 1841 census;
      address, Love Lane Peterhead

      George Forrest 31 merchant
      Jannet Hay Forrest 38
      Charles Forrest 6
      John Forrest 4
      Mary Forrest 2
      (later came Catherine, George and Elizabeth)

      By the 1851 census, Jannet Hay must have died.
      address, Love Lane Peterhead

      George Forrest 40 grocer
      Bess (Gray) Forrest 24
      Charles Forrest 16 shoemaker
      John Forrest 14
      Mary Forrest 12
      Catherine Forrest 10
      George Forrest 8
      Elizabeth Forrest 4

      George Forrest and Bess (Bessy/Bessie) Gray married 20th Sept 1849.
      Two children they had together I can find;
      James Forrest born 1852
      Agnes Forrest born 1856 (she is my great grandmother) married to James Davidson.

      On the 1881 census; address, 14 Albion St. Peterhead
      George Forrest 71 late merchant
      Bessy G. Forrest 55 late merchants wife
      George Mackie 11 grandson/birthplace Greenock
      Frank Mackie 8 grandson/birthplace Greenock

      If you think you are related to any of these people, please contact me.
      Thanks,
      Catherine