surname IMLAY

  • Ivo
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20, 2002
      Hi group, I need some serious help with my Imlay's.

      JOHN IMLAY born ?
      married ANN MACGREGOR (born ?) 14th Jan 1821 Peterhead. He was a carpenter.

      They had one daughter I can find, MARGARET born 6th Dec 1825, Peterhead.

      I've currently got the OPR for Peterhead 1664-1854, John Imlay and Ann Macgregor's births are not there, so I figure they're not from Peterhead.
      They are also not on the 1881 census or the Peterhead 1871 census.

      On the OPR there is a MARY IMLAY married in1848 to James Thomson, also a JOHN IMLAY married in 1851 to Mary Thom, both in Peterhead, but if they're related to my Margaret Imlay I don't know.

      Thanks to anyone who can help.
      Catherine
      Perth, Western Australia