Migrated from Peterhead

  • mdbjlb
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 19, 2002
      Hi,

      Does anyone know if there was one specific port the my ancestors
      might have come into if they were migrating from Scotland to the US?

      thank you,

      Jamie Busse
    • dmatt
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 19, 2002
        Jamie,

        Does anyone know if there was one specific port the my ancestors
        >might have come into if they were migrating from Scotland to the US?

        I wouild expect it to be more likely from Glasgow or somewhere else on the
        western coast. Did they leave between 1892 and 1922?, if so the Ellis Island
        website should have the details.

        David
        >Does anyone know if there was one specific port the my ancestors
        >might have come into if they were migrating from Scotland to the US?
        >
        >thank you,
        >
        >Jamie Busse
        >

        >Peterhead Genealogy at http://axs.com.au/~wsb/

      • Alex Ritchie
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 20, 2002
          Hi Jamie,
          Leaving for the United States, most likely ports in
          Scotland would have been Glasgow or Greenock.
          However, depending on the date in question, it could also have been
          Liverpool in England (as my own Grandparents did).
          And, most likely entering the U.S. by way for Ellis
          Island.

          Regards.............................Alex Ritchie