James Birnie

  • Donna Callaghan
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 6, 2002
      Does anyone have a James Birnie in their family tree? His occupation
      was a carter in 1900. He was added to my grandfather's birth
      certificate as being the father.

      I do not have any other information on him. My grandmother was a
      domestic servant living in Cruden Bay when she became pregnant.

      I hope I will be able to find out more information when/if I can get
      onto the 1901 census, but thought I would check with you all in the
      meantime, in case.

      Thank you,

      Donna
      Brisbane
      Australia
    • Linda Adam
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 8, 2002
        For Donna;

        I checked the 1881 Census for Cruden and located James Birnie, scholar, age
        11, born Strichen. Parents; William Birnie and Eleanore. If your grandfather
        was born in 1900 this may be his father. You didn't mention your grandfather
        s given name. That may help to pinpoint the father.

        Linda,
        Ontario, Canada

        Does anyone have a James Birnie in their family tree? His occupation
        was a carter in 1900. He was added to my grandfather's birth
        certificate as being the father.

        I do not have any other information on him. My grandmother was a
        domestic servant living in Cruden Bay when she became pregnant.

        I hope I will be able to find out more information when/if I can get
        onto the 1901 census, but thought I would check with you all in the
        meantime, in case.

        Thank you,

        Donna
        Brisbane
        Australia

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Donna Callaghan
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 10, 2002
          Thank you Linda. Well...interestingly my grandfather's name was
          William, so I will try and find out more about this James Birnie.

          Thank you,

          Donna