Birth Record

  • Maureen Church
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 26, 2002
      I am wondering if anyone can tell me more about Catherine MCKAY. Her marriage to Stephen BEVERIDGE was on Oct 26, 1881 in Peterhead . Stephen BEVERIDGE born about 1851 in Newhills. Catherine MCKAY born 1860 . Would anyone be able to tell me if Catherine MCKAY was born in Peterhead? Her parents are Donald MCKAY and mother's name is Betsy ? I don't know her maiden name. Any help would be appreciated.
      Maureen

    • dmatt
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 26, 2002
        Maureen,

        I am wondering if anyone can tell me more about Catherine MCKAY. Her
        marriage to Stephen BEVERIDGE was on Oct 26, 1881 in Peterhead . Stephen
        BEVERIDGE born about 1851 in Newhills. Catherine MCKAY born 1860 . Would
        anyone be able to tell me if Catherine MCKAY was born in Peterhead? Her
        parents are Donald MCKAY and mother's name is Betsy ? I don't know her
        maiden name. Any help would be appreciated.

        Are you aware of Scots Origins (the Scottish family history) site at
        http://beta2.scotsorigins.com/ which include details of the 1881, 1891 and
        1901 census details, as well as the index to births and marriages up to 1901
        and deaths up to 1925. Although the site costs £6 per 24 hours (or 30
        credits) but is extremely useful. The 1881 census details were produced by
        the Church of Latter Day Saints (The Mormons) and should be available in
        major libraries and record offices.

        Hope this helps.

        David
        >I am wondering if anyone can tell me more about Catherine MCKAY. Her
        marriage to Stephen BEVERIDGE was on Oct 26, 1881 in Peterhead . Stephen
        BEVERIDGE born about 1851 in Newhills. Catherine MCKAY born 1860 . Would
        anyone be able to tell me if Catherine MCKAY was born in Peterhead? Her
        parents are Donald MCKAY and mother's name is Betsy ? I don't know her
        maiden name. Any help would be appreciated.
        >Maureen

        >Peterhead Genealogy at http://axs.com.au/~wsb/

      • Sam Daniel
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 20, 2002
          I have been going through the 1891 census and came across the
          following:

          Ellen Scott Kean, 11 Maiden Street, age 79, widow, invalid.

          I know someone on our list is researching Kean so best wishes.

          I have also discovered the site of another cemetery. This was
          near St Ives Road and was used to bury the dead from the 1645 plague.
          This is shown in old records but there is no modern trace of the
          cemetery.

          Sam
          --
          Sam Daniel