Alexander Birnie

  • Alex Ritchie
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 24, 2002
      For Linda Adam :

      Hi Linda,
      Apologies for the delay, I was hoping to get a little more information before I replied to you, but I havn't yet.
      Anyway, in Lair D127 (Old Cemetery) there is Alexander Birnie (Wright) (Aged 77) buried on Jan.15th.1855 and Fanny Birnie (Aged 86) buried on August 3rd.1861. I am trying to find out who else is in the Lair, that might give us a clue as to his parents.
      He was buried in early 1855. He may have just made it into the Statutory Records (which commenced in 1855). If he has then his Death Certificate should give his parents. If I'm over at Edinburgh any time soon I'll certainly look it up for you (if you havn't found it out yourself by then).

      Best Regards........................................Alex Ritchie

    • olorosoo@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 26, 2002
        Alex

        I was at GRO yesterday, and had so little success with my family that I
        turned to your Alexander Birnie, whom I'd noted down - and struck gold as the
        1855 death records have lots of extras!

        Alexander Birnie, joiner;age 77; born Peterhead lived 77 years in district;
        parents Alexander Birnie joiner (d), Margaret Findlater (d) ; married to
        Fanny Henry; Children Catherine aet. 12 1823 (I assume this means she died
        age 12 in 1823), Margaret aet. 41 1858, Alexander 39, Fanny 36, Jean 34, May
        33; Died January 15th 1855, Longate; Bronchitis 8 days; Buried Churchyard of
        Peterhead; Informant Alexander Birnie, son.

        Hope this helps.

        Fiona
      • Alex Ritchie
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 26, 2002
          To : Fiona & to Linda Adam

          Hi Fiona,
          Many thanks. That's really good information. It should
          help Linda Adam a lot with her researches.

          Linda,
          Hope you saw Fiona's note.

          Thanks Again...........................Alex
          Ritchie

          > I was at GRO yesterday, and had so little success with my family that I
          > turned to your Alexander Birnie, whom I'd noted down - and struck gold as
          the
          > 1855 death records have lots of extras!
          >
          > Alexander Birnie, joiner;age 77; born Peterhead lived 77 years in
          district;
          > parents Alexander Birnie joiner (d), Margaret Findlater (d) ; married to
          > Fanny Henry; Children Catherine aet. 12 1823 (I assume this means she died
          > age 12 in 1823), Margaret aet. 41 1858, Alexander 39, Fanny 36, Jean 34,
          May
          > 33; Died January 15th 1855, Longate; Bronchitis 8 days; Buried Churchyard
          of
          > Peterhead; Informant Alexander Birnie, son.
          >
          > Hope this helps.
          >
          > Fiona

        • Linda Adam
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 26, 2002
            Alex and Fiona,

            I was ecstatic when I read your e-mails this morning. This information has
            been a long time in coming and I can't tell you how much I appreciate your
            help as I had pretty much exhausted all avenues of research available on the
            Internet. My Birnie Tree can now move forward in a positive direction.

            Thanks also to Betty for putting me straight as who Alexander's parents were
            not ! There certainly is a group of helpful and very knowledgeable people on
            this list.

            With appreciation,

            Linda Adam

            I was at GRO yesterday, and had so little success with my family that I
            turned to your Alexander Birnie, whom I'd noted down - and struck gold as
            the
            1855 death records have lots of extras!

            Alexander Birnie, joiner;age 77; born Peterhead lived 77 years in district;
            parents Alexander Birnie joiner (d), Margaret Findlater (d) ; married to
            Fanny Henry; Children Catherine aet. 12 1823 (I assume this means she died
            age 12 in 1823), Margaret aet. 41 1858, Alexander 39, Fanny 36, Jean 34, May

            33; Died January 15th 1855, Longate; Bronchitis 8 days; Buried Churchyard
            of
            Peterhead; Informant Alexander Birnie, son.

            Hope this helps.

            Fiona

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor