Re: Alexander Birnie 1790 - Parents

  • don.esslemont@paradise.net.nz
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 18, 2002
      Betty Mathers wrote:

      > Sorry I haven't one Christian Birnie in all the families I have.
      > Do you know who her parents were?

      All we know about her origins is that the 1881 census shows her as
      aged 35, and born in Rathen. The only clue to her parentage is that
      her first child was named Charles - not recorded in the ancestry of
      her husband Andrew - so this may have been the name of her father, or
      a brother.

      I'll let you know if I ever come across any more about her, and I'd
      be grateful for anything you may learn.

      Regards,

      Don

      Don Esslemont, Director
      Decision Research Ltd, Box 5530 Wellington New Zealand
      Phone: (64 4) 499 2040 Fax: (64 4) 499 2080
      Mobile: (64 2) 144 8769 Home:(64 6) 325 8409
      email: don@... http://www.decision.co.nz