Re: [Peterhead] Re: Alexander Birnie 1790 - Parents

  • Betty Mathers
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 18, 2002
      don.esslemont@... wrote:
      Hi Don,
      Sorry I haven't one Christian Birnie in all the families I have.
      Do you know who her parents were.
      Regards Betty
    • don.esslemont@paradise.net.nz
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 18, 2002
        Betty Mathers wrote:

        > Sorry I haven't one Christian Birnie in all the families I have.
        > Do you know who her parents were?

        All we know about her origins is that the 1881 census shows her as
        aged 35, and born in Rathen. The only clue to her parentage is that
        her first child was named Charles - not recorded in the ancestry of
        her husband Andrew - so this may have been the name of her father, or
        a brother.

        I'll let you know if I ever come across any more about her, and I'd
        be grateful for anything you may learn.

        Regards,

        Don

        Don Esslemont, Director
        Decision Research Ltd, Box 5530 Wellington New Zealand
        Phone: (64 4) 499 2040 Fax: (64 4) 499 2080
        Mobile: (64 2) 144 8769 Home:(64 6) 325 8409
        email: don@... http://www.decision.co.nz