Re: Alexander Birnie 1790 - Parents

  • don.esslemont@paradise.net.nz
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 17, 2002
      Betty Mathers wrote:

      > ... I have the family of Robert Birnie more or less down to the
      > present day ...

      Do you have any information on Christian Birnie, born about 1846 in
      Rathen, who on 30 December 1871 married an Andrew Esslemont?

      Regards,

      Don

      Don Esslemont, Director
      Decision Research Ltd, Box 5530 Wellington New Zealand
      Phone: (64 4) 499 2040 Fax: (64 4) 499 2080
      Mobile: (64 2) 144 8769 Home:(64 6) 325 8409
      email: don@... http://www.decision.co.nz
    • Betty Mathers
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 18, 2002
        don.esslemont@... wrote:
        Hi Don,
        Sorry I haven't one Christian Birnie in all the families I have.
        Do you know who her parents were.
        Regards Betty
      • don.esslemont@paradise.net.nz
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 18, 2002
          Betty Mathers wrote:

          > Sorry I haven't one Christian Birnie in all the families I have.
          > Do you know who her parents were?

          All we know about her origins is that the 1881 census shows her as
          aged 35, and born in Rathen. The only clue to her parentage is that
          her first child was named Charles - not recorded in the ancestry of
          her husband Andrew - so this may have been the name of her father, or
          a brother.

          I'll let you know if I ever come across any more about her, and I'd
          be grateful for anything you may learn.