Robina ? born in Peterhead abt 1880 - 1901 census details

  • finlaysonlesley
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2002
      When searching for some of my English relatives on the 1901 census in
      Liverpool, I found details of the following person called Robina
      (maiden name unknown). I thought someone may be searching for her in
      the wrong area as she has moved away from home.

      Robina Atkinson,married, aged 21 born Peterhead, Scotland

      She was the wife of G. A. Atkinson (presume they are his initials -
      there is a large gap between G & A, it looks strange on census as
      normally full first names are entered). Robina's husband is from
      Middlesex, England. He is a watchmaker & jeweller & he was 37 on the
      1901 census.

      They have a son called Harold G Atkinson who was 13 on the 1881
      census. He was born in Philadelphia, America.

      The family were living at 30 Brunswick Road, (Bootle) Liverpool. This
      was in the civil parish of West Derby (county borough of Liverpool) &
      Ecclesiastical parish of Edgehill St Judes.

      Robina must have been born about 1880 in Peterhead. On the 1881
      census I have found 3 possibilities from the Peterhead area, although
      she may have moved away before then:

      Dwelling: 3 Mackie Place
      Census Place: Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
      Source: FHL Film 0203464 GRO Ref Volume 232-1 EnumDist
      13 Page 28
      Marr Age Sex Birthplace
      Leslie BROWN M 32 M Old Meldrum, Aberdeen,
      Scotland
      Rel: Head
      Occ: Forming Baker
      Hellen BROWN M 30 F Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland
      Rel: Wife
      Occ: Bakers Wife
      Hellen BROWN 14 F Dundee, Forfar, Scotland
      Rel: Daur
      Occ: Domestic Servant
      Alexina BROWN 10 F Aberdeen, Aberdeen,
      Scotland
      Rel: Daur
      Occ: Scholar
      Leslie BROWN 8 M Aberdeen, Aberdeen,
      Scotland
      Rel: Son
      Occ: Scholar
      Elizabeth Lyall BROWN 4 F Stonehaven,
      Aberdeen, Scotland
      Rel: Daur
      William Mc Kay BROWN 2 M Peterhead,
      Aberdeen, Scotland
      Rel: Son
      Robina Mc Lean BROWN 1 F Peterhead,
      Aberdeen, Scotland
      Rel: Daur

      Dwelling: 26 B Seagate St
      Census Place: Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
      Source: FHL Film 0203464 GRO Ref Volume 232-1 EnumDist 4
      Page 5
      Marr Age Sex Birthplace
      Janet GERRIE W 67 F King Edward, Banff,
      Scotland
      Rel: Head
      Occ: Washer Woman
      Janet GERRIE U 36 F Peterhead, Aberdeen,
      Scotland
      Rel: Daur
      Occ: Mill Worker
      Robert SLORACH U 18 M Peterhead, Aberdeen,
      Scotland
      Rel: Son
      Occ: Carter
      Jane CORMACK W 42 F Peterhead, Aberdeen,
      Scotland
      Rel: Daur
      Occ: Fisherwoman
      Janet CORMACK 15 F Peterhead, Aberdeen,
      Scotland
      Rel: Daur
      Occ: General Serv
      Alexr CORMACK 5 M Peterhead, Aberdeen,
      Scotland
      Rel: Son
      Occ: Scholar
      Barbara CORMACK 3 F Peterhead, Aberdeen,
      Scotland
      Rel: Daur
      Robina CORMACK 3 m F Peterhead, Aberdeen,
      Scotland
      Rel: Daur

      Dwelling: Hawthorn Cottage
      Census Place: Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
      Source: FHL Film 0203464 GRO Ref Volume 232-1 EnumDist
      19 Page 6
      Marr Age Sex Birthplace
      John CLUBB M 30 M Aberdour, Aberdeen,
      Scotland
      Rel: Head
      Occ: Furnishing Tailor
      Isabella CLUBB M 31 F Cruden, Aberdeen,
      Scotland
      Rel: Wife
      Occ: Tailors Wife
      Annabella CLUBB 9 F Cruden, Aberdeen,
      Scotland
      Rel: Dau
      Occ: Scholar
      Margaret CLUBB 6 F Cruden, Aberdeen,
      Scotland
      Rel: Dau
      Occ: Scholar
      Hellen CLUBB 5 F Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland
      Rel: Dau
      Occ: Scholar
      George Wallace CLUBB 3 M Peterhead,
      Aberdeen, Scotland
      Rel: Son
      Robina Ogston CLUBB 1 F Peterhead,
      Aberdeen, Scotland
      Rel: Dau
      Jane Elizabeth CLUBB 3 m F Peterhead,
      Aberdeen, Scotland
      Rel: Dau

      Anyway, I hope this may help someone in the future,

      Lesley