Re: [Peterhead] Hello To All : Milne / Cowe

  • Michael Nascimben
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2001
      Bruce,

      Yes, I am very interested in joining the effort. I would love to. I
      remember Mary Hay. I remember seeing her on my last trip to Peterhead -
      1994. I'll have to ask my mother about Margie Cowe and your Auntie Chris.
      She will likely know them. Mom just celebrated her 90th birthday in Nov.
      and still lives on her own.

      Since my first communication with William Leslie through the Peterhead Group
      he sent me a diskette with his Family Tree. Since we share the same Great
      Grandfather James Rankin I had a good start my own. I've filled it in with
      as much information as I have collected from various sources and from notes
      we took on our last trip to Scotland. I have some information on my father
      s side, but I need to do some serious research to get it filled in with
      dates. Mary Hay may be able to help me with that.

      I use Generations Family Tree Software v. 8.0. I would be glad to compile
      any information for the Milnes/Cowes. Or if anyone else has the software it
      would be easy to share the information back and forth.

      Thanks for thinking of me. And again, could you refresh me on your
      relationship with the Milnes of Niagara Falls? Are you the nephew of Peter
      and Bill Milne? And where are you located now? We're in Williamsville, NY
      - right now in the midst of the great Winter Storm.

      Sylvia Cowe Nascimben

      From: Bruce Milne <brucemil@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 20:15:57 -0400
      From: Bruce Milne <brucemil@...>
      Subject: Re: Hello to all!

      Dear Sylvia,

      Some time ago we werre in communication re the aul' Peterhead folk....I
      trust you recall. Since then I've had a call from a cousin of mine in
      Cruden Bay by the name of Margie Cowe who has been in touch with my
      father's sister ( my Auntie Chris) who is 96 and living by herself in
      Aberdeen. She ( they) are putting together a family history of the Milnes
      with a lot of input for the Cowes. My cousin Mary Hay ( nee Cowe) still
      lives in Peterhead and is involved as well. Let me know if you're
      interested in any fashion.

      Regards,

      Bruce

      .