Re: [Peterhead] Hello to all!

  • Busse
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 28, 2001
      Bruce,

      I myself is a descendent of the Milnes from Peterhead Aberdeen Scotland. Maybe we have a connection?

      Jamie
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 5, 2002
        Bruce,

        I'm also interested in the Milnes. John May married
        Janet Milne, at Millhead o'Cocklaw, on 02 Jun 1856.
        They were my great grandparents, emigrating, with
        their family, to New Zealand, in 1886.

        I don't have a lot on the Milne side of the family,
        although there are Milnes throughout New Zealand, even
        about 500 metres down the road.

        Regards

        Ken May

        --- Bruce Milne <brucemil@...> wrote:
        > Dear Sylvia,
        >
        > Some time ago we werre in communication re the aul'
        > Peterhead folk....I
        > trust you recall. Since then I've had a call from a
        > cousin of mine in
        > Cruden Bay by the name of Margie Cowe who has been
        > in touch with my
        > father's sister ( my Auntie Chris) who is 96 and
        > living by herself in
        > Aberdeen. She ( they) are putting together a family
        > history of the Milnes
        > with a lot of input for the Cowes. My cousin Mary
        > Hay ( nee Cowe) still
        > lives in Peterhead and is involved as well. Let me
        > know if you're
        > interested in any fashion.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Bruce

        Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
        http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/
      • Bruce Milne
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 6, 2002
          Ken, I'll be pleased to pass along wnything I get from my relatives in
          Peterhead and environs.

          Warm Regards,

          Bruce