NEWCOMER LOOKING FOR BOOTH & MILLER

  • Rogerboothrsb@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2001
      New to the list and researching primarily my BOOTH line but other connected
      lines are MILLER from Bellie, MITCHELL from Peterhead(?)

      My gggrandfather John BOOTH b1790 in Elgin, married Elspeth MILLER on 23 Jan
      1823. She died "a widow of John Booth seaman" in 6 Nov 1862 in Aberdeen. He
      died 5 Jan 1858 in Peterhead and was buried in plot B151 at St Peters
      Kirkyard in Peterhead. His death cert shows him as a carpenter He was the son
      of Alexander Booth and Helen Mitchell(no further details of either)

      The plot is shared by:

      James Ruxton d July 30 1845 aged 38yrs from Longate
      Margaret MacKenzie d Aug 26 1845 aged 28yrs from Portessie

      I understand that this area of the cemetery is mainly family plots and
      wondered what connection there is between them

      My queries are:
      Are there any MIs locally for St Peters?
      Does anyone recognise any connections between BOOTH RUXTON & MacKENZIE?
      Could someone lookup the 1851 census for a John Booth in the Peterhead area

      Many thanks in advance for any advice or information

      Roger Booth