Re: James Bruce/Ann Cow

  • taylorhomeca@yahoo.ca
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 21, 2001
      Hi Elizabeth: I am glad you replied to my query, I have had a very
      difficult time tracing my husbands tree. There is not much to go on,
      but I will give you what I do have.

      Peter Buchan & Ann Bruce were living at 112 St. Combs in 1891, I
      found this on the St. Combs site + I have their sons birth
      certificate & this is the address on it, it also states that they
      were married on Oct 10, 1888, Lonmay.. On the census at St. Combs it
      also states they were 26 & 31 years old. My husband remembers a
      relative in Toronto, Jim Cow, the boys (my husband & brothers) stayed
      there when their mother was ill. He also remembers going to St. Combs
      in 1955 for holiday. Everthing that we have been told was that they
      were from Peterhead, But the only information that I have is from St.
      Combs. I know this is not much. The only other things I can tell you
      is their 'T'names were Lappies Patty & Anak. Their children names:

      James Bruce Buchan Jul 9, 1892 - ? I believe went to Canada, spouse
      Maggie Bella Duthie

      Andrew Buchan - Feb 20, 1894 - ?

      Peter Buchan - Dec 21, 1986 - spouse Elizabeth Somers Duthie

      Robert Bruce Buchan - Oct 2, 1898 - May 16, 1960 spouse Maggie Jane
      Duthie {on the LDS they have Robert born Nov 26, 1898}

      Jeannie Ann Buchan Aug 17, 1904 - Mar 21, 1983 Never Married.

      Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am at a total brick wall.
      Thanks........Linda