James Bruce/Anne Cow

  • taylorhomeca@yahoo.ca
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 14 2:24 PM
      I am following a lead of these two people. They appear in the 1881
      census #75 (ST.Combs) BUT some of their children were born in
      Peterhead. I am particularly interested in their daughter Ann Bruce
      born Jul 29, 1864 Peterhead, I know an Ann Bruce m Robert Buchan Oct
      10, 1888, my question is how do I find out if this Ann Bruce is the
      same Ann Bruce that married Peter Buchan? The only other information
      that I have is when my husband stayed at relatives, he stayed with a
      Jim Cow in Toronto, Canada, around 1955, so I believe Cow's are
      related somehow, but cannot find proof. I have poured over LDS
      records & family web sites, but no luck so far. Does anyone in this
      group know of this family? Thank you.........Linda
    • colin collie
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 15 3:51 AM
        >From: taylorhomeca@...
        >To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [Peterhead] James Bruce/Anne Cow
        >Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 21:24:20 -0000
        >
        >I am following a lead of these two people. They appear in the 1881
        >census #75 (ST.Combs) BUT some of their children were born in
        >Peterhead. I am particularly interested in their daughter Ann Bruce
        >born Jul 29, 1864 Peterhead, I know an Ann Bruce m Robert Buchan Oct
        >10, 1888, my question is how do I find out if this Ann Bruce is the
        >same Ann Bruce that married Peter Buchan? The only other information
        >that I have is when my husband stayed at relatives, he stayed with a
        >Jim Cow in Toronto, Canada, around 1955, so I believe Cow's are
        >related somehow, but cannot find proof. I have poured over LDS
        >records & family web sites, but no luck so far. Does anyone in this
        >group know of this family? Thank you.........Linda
        from Colin Collie
        crhc43@...
        Hi Linda
        with regard to the above the Cows I have are further back Peter Buchan's
        Mother was a Christian Cow & Father was Alexander Buchan her parents
        Alexander Cow and Sarah Murdo the may not be the ones you are looking for
        but it proves that there are family's of cows in the area

        all the best in your search
        Colin

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 15 8:42 AM
          --- In Peterhead@y..., "colin collie" <crhc43@h...> wrote:

          > >From: taylorhomeca@y...
          > >To: Peterhead@y...
          > >Subject: [Peterhead] James Bruce/Anne Cow
          > >Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 21:24:20 -0000
          > >
          > >I am following a lead of these two people. They appear in the 1881
          > >census #75 (ST.Combs) BUT some of their children were born in
          > >Peterhead. I am particularly interested in their daughter Ann Bruce
          > >born Jul 29, 1864 Peterhead, I know an Ann Bruce m Robert Buchan
          Oct
          > >10, 1888, my question is how do I find out if this Ann Bruce is the
          > >same Ann Bruce that married Peter Buchan? The only other
          information
          > >that I have is when my husband stayed at relatives, he stayed with
          > >Jim Cow in Toronto, Canada, around 1955, so I believe Cow's are
          > >related somehow, but cannot find proof. I have poured over LDS
          > >records & family web sites, but no luck so far. Does anyone in this
          > >group know of this family? Thank you.........Linda
          > from Colin Collie
          > crhc43@h...
          > Hi Linda
          > with regard to the above the Cows I have are further back Peter
          Buchan's
          > Mother was a Christian Cow & Father was Alexander Buchan her
          parents
          > Alexander Cow and Sarah Murdo the may not be the ones you are
          looking for
          > but it proves that there are family's of cows in the area
          >
          > all the best in your search
          > Colin
          > >

          > Thank you Colin for responding. I know my imformation is quite new
          & have had a difficult time going back any further. Right now I only
          have a birth certifate that stated that Peter Buchan & Ann Bruce
          lived at 112 St Combs & their ages at the time the census was taken.
          James Bruce & Anne Cow had a child in the 1881 census that makes Ann
          Bruce a possibility. Also, on LDS there are two announcements for the
          same Ann Bruce born Jul 29, 1864, one Lonmay & the other Peterhead.
          With regards to Peter Buchan, a James Buchan & Ann Buchan had two
          Peter Buchans, the one I am interested in is Peter born Dec 5, 1860.
          My husbands father told me they were from Peterhead, this is all I
          have to go on, not much. I hope I haven't confused anyone with my
          information, but I have been trying to break this mystery for years.
          Thanks again........Linda
          http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp