Re: [Peterhead] Doric

  • olorosoo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 8, 2001
      I can transalte it, but it loses a lot in the process!

      the King turned round
      and gave a low laugh
      and said "If it wasn't for my oath, your Marischal would be hanged high"

    • olorosoo@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 8, 2001
        Oops. Sent unfinished (and wrong) translation by wrong click - ignore it.
        This is what I think it means.

        The King turned round and gave a low laugh, and said
        "If it weren't for my oath, Marischal, you should be hanged high"

      • Ken May
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 8, 2001
          Thanks for that.

          Ken May