Migration to Peterhead

  • betty miles
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2001
      I have been following the discussion on migration to Peterhead involving
      seamen and workers in fishing and whaling. Does anyone have information
      on people coming from other places to work in the quarries? My ancestor,
      Samuel Stocks was stated to be a quarrier in 1819. I have been looking
      for his place of birth and can only get as close as "England".
      Betty