George Buchan

  • Alex Ritchie
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 7, 2001
      Hi Colin,
      Here's the information I got from Judy Hand :

      Alex Ritchie:
      (p.12) 25 October 1748
      Robert Buchan, jnr., fisher, had a son bap. George.
      Robert Hector, shoemaker, Godfather.
      Christian Buchan, mother of the said Robert Buchan, Godmother.
      (Robert appears to have been the father of Andrew and John, also, so
      I'll check them tonight.)
      (p6) 4 Dec. 1742
      John Innes, carpenter, had a daug. bap. Elizabeth.
      Robert Donald and William Mill, mariners, witnesses.
      (p.12) 4 February (omitted the year, probably 1748, but I'll check)
      John Innes, carpenter, had a daug. bap. Marjory.
      Ja. Sutor, shipmaster, and William Smith, wright, witnesses.
      (p.9) 1 Dec. 1745
      John Innes, carpenter, had a son bap. John.
      William Smith, wright, Godfather.
      Thomas Robertson, merchant, and Jo. Smith, silver smith, witnesses.
      (p.14) 18 May, 1751
      John Innes, carpenter, had a son bap. Robert.
      James Sutor, merchant, and James Hunter, hooker, witnesses.