Re: [Peterhead] Peterhead Episcopal Records

  • i.l.tilbury
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 31, 2001
      FOR JUDY HAND
      Hi Judy, My name is Lynley Tilbury and I
      wondered if you would have time to look up a birth for me. I only have the
      marriage which is William Keen/Kean married Mary Blair 1799 in
      Kincardineshire.
      I wondered if there were any births for William Keen in the 1770's.
      Thankyou for your help
      Lynley Tilbury
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 6, 2001
        Judy could you look for Yules, Robertson ,Geary and Pressley in the
        Episcoplian Records. Thanks Melissa J. Ellis

        Judy Hand wrote:

        > I currently have out LDS Film 0874218, which contains a typed
        > transcription of the records of the Peterhead Episcopalian Church.
        > The
        > period covered is approx. 1741 to 1788, and there would be no more
        > than
        > a dozen entries per year. It is really quite a natty film, with
        > good
        > information as to occupations and relationships, with especial mention
        >
        > of godmothers, and their relationships to the men in the community.
        >
        > The records are indexed, and I'd be very happy to check for anyone
        > with
        > Episcopalian ancestors. Unfortunately, these appear to be the only
        > Episcopalian records which have survived, which probably explains why
        > some of us just can't find that link we are so desperately seeking!
        >
        > If you would like me to check, just let me know. I have the film for
        >
        > another two weeks.
        >
        > Judy Hand
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        [Lose 20 lbs by November 5th!]

      • Christine Tregonning
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 21, 2007
          Dear Carol and Others,

          I was interested in your reference to the Peterhead Episcopal Records.

          My ancestor James LOVIE gives his place of birth on the 1851 census as
          Peterhead. There is also a John LOVIE living in St Cyrus who also gives his
          place of birth as Peterhead.

          While there is a possible entry in the Longside Parish records for James
          LOVIE, this James LOVIE was born at Mains of Buthlaw in 1803; I cannot find
          a record of the birth or baptism of John LOVIE.

          I am assuming that John LOVIE was born sometime around 1800. How would I
          find out if his birth or baptism were recorded in the Episcopal Church at
          Peterhead?

          Regards,

          Christine

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.