Re: [Peterhead] Digest Number 563

  • Becchi Oesterle
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2001
      Judy -

      If you could check to see if there is a mention of a Alexander Cordiner,
      James Cordiner, Jean Mackie, John Wilson, Isobel Forrest, John Bruce, John
      Scott, or Henrietta McRitchie.

      thanks so much!

      Becchi Oesterle

      Message: 2
      Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 14:00:53 +1200
      From: Judy Hand <j.rhand@...>
      Subject: Peterhead Episcopal Records

      I currently have out LDS Film 0874218, which contains a typed
      transcription of the records of the Peterhead Episcopalian Church. The
      period covered is approx. 1741 to 1788, and there would be no more than
      a dozen entries per year. It is really quite a natty film, with good
      information as to occupations and relationships, with especial mention
      of godmothers, and their relationships to the men in the community.

      The records are indexed, and I'd be very happy to check for anyone with
      Episcopalian ancestors. Unfortunately, these appear to be the only
      Episcopalian records which have survived, which probably explains why
      some of us just can't find that link we are so desperately seeking!

      If you would like me to check, just let me know. I have the film for
      another two weeks.

      Judy Hand

    • Judy Hand
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 31, 2001
        Dear Becchi

        I'll certainly have a look for you, but it won't be until later next week,
        when I can get down to the Library again. I'll let you know.

        Judy