Heriots

  • Alex Ritchie
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 19 5:04 AM
      For Wade Buchan :

      Wade, can you look up the following for me in the 1851 Census :

      1) Robert Heriot/Sophia Heriot (nee Hunt)

      2) George Heriot

      The surname spelling is "variable". It can be "Heriott", "Hariott" or some variation.

      Many Thanks...................................Alex Ritchie

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 25, 2001
        Hi Alex,

        Alex Ritchie wrote:

        > Wade, can you look up the following for me in the 1851 Census :
        >
        > 1) Robert Heriot/Sophia Heriot (nee Hunt)
        >
        > 2) George Heriot
        >
        > The surname spelling is "variable". It can be "Heriott", "Hariott" or
        > some variation.

        This is the only one.
        District 8, page 6, No.35, Ronheads
        Jean Herriot, head, mar, 34, Carpenters Wife, Peterhead
        Sophia Herriot, daughter, unmar, 8, scholar, Peterhead
        Jean Herriot, daughter, unmar, 3, Peterhead
        George Herriot, son, unmar, 1, Peterhead

        Regards, Wade.

        CAUTION - This message may contain privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error please notify AMCOR immediately. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of AMCOR.