Birnie / Lundius

  • Linda Adam
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2001
      Hello,
      I am hoping that a group member may be able to offer help or
      suggestions.

      My G grandfather, William Spence Birnie, was born in Peterhead,
      25.02.1850. One of his siblings, Mary Birnie, was Bap. 07.05.1851 in
      Peterhead.

      Recently I have located and corresponded with a second cousin living in
      England. Our common ancestor being our G grandfather, William Spence
      Birnie (seaman and painter).
      However, I have just been made aware that my 2nd cousin's maternal G
      grandparents were Oscar Henry Lundius (born in Scandinavia) and Mary
      Birnie. We are unaware of Oscar's date of birth but he was a Shipmaster
      in Peterhead. His wife, Mary Birnie was born in Peterhead in 1853 per
      the 1891 Peterhead Census, age 38, Ref. 232 / 1 / 15 / 007. They married
      in 1877, Peterhead.

      Oscar Lundius and Mary Lundius (nee Birnie) had 6 children. One son was
      named William Spence Lundius, born in Peterhead 1889 (1891 Peterhead
      Census, age 1, Ref. 232 / 1 / 15 / 007).

      We have attempted to make a family connection to William Spence Birnie
      and Mary Lundius (nee Birnie). Were they siblings or perhaps cousins??

      Any aid would be gratefully appreciated to connect these two families.

      Kind regards,
      Linda Adam