George Martin

  • Alex Ritchie
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2001
      For Liz Tregonning

      Hi Liz,
      A long time ago you asked me if a whaler, George Martin was related to me and, if yes, you could give me some information about him.
      I finally tracked down that he was, indeed, in my family tree and that he died of an accident when he was mate on the Dundee whaler "Camperdown" in 1867 (From the "Buchan Observer" of that date). Apparently, he fell into the harbour at Dundee just as they were leaving and by the time he got to Lerwick had died.
      If you do have any other details about George Martin I would be very pleased to get them from you.

      Many Thanks & Kindest Regards...............................Alex Ritchie