Re: Cheyne/Nicol

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 1998
      JDVon@... wrote:

      > I noted on the list of 1856 deaths for Peterhead you had a few Cheyne and as
      > well as Nicol. Would it be a lot of trouble for the full information on them
      > as you suggested?

      Not at all.

      1856 Peterhead Deaths:
      No.89, Margaret Fraser (widow) 5/9/1856 2 h 15m PM, 33 Longate Street,
      Female, 73 years, parents: John Cheyne weaver (deceased) and Janet
      Cheyne ms Allan (deceased), cause: Inflammation of the intestines, 8
      days, buried Peterhead, John Cowie undertaker, informant: Jane Yule? Her
      X mark daughter (present).

      No.103, Margaret Cheyne (single), 8/10/1856 2h 30m PM, 1 Union Street,
      Female, 12 years, parents: William Cheyne shipmaster and Margaret Cheyne
      ms Finnie, cause: Scrofulous tumour on Brain four months, buried
      Peterhead, J&A Lockie & Co undertakers, informant: William Cheyne father
      (present).

      No.114, George Norie mariner (Married), 13/7/1856 On board the ship
      "Traveller" of Peterhead at Davis Straits, male, 54 years, parents:
      Alexander Norie (deceased) and Ann Norie ms Cheyne (deceased), cause:
      Internal Hemortoids, buried at Davis Straits (not certified), informant:
      George Brrown Commander of the "Traveller".

      No.128, Janet Nicol (single) 16/12/1856 4 h AM, 41 Backgate, female, 4
      months, parents: Elizabeth Nicol, cause: Catarrh ten days, buried
      Peterhead, ALexander Fraser undertaker, informant: Margaret Stokes her X
      mark, occupier (present).

      By the way Margaret Cheyne is my 2nd Cousin 4th Removed or the
      Grand-daughter of my GGGG-Grand Aunt that married Thomas Cheyne, who is
      the cousin of your George Cheyne (try and work that out).

      > May I also ask another question, please? In reference to the information that
      > you have requested from others to be included in the Web page - i.e., First
      > name of person: Surname, Year of birth, etc., I do not remember if I have done
      > this for you on the Cheyne's and Nicol's. Please excuse my "Sometimers
      > disease" If I haven't please advise and I will quickly get started on this.

      No I haven't received anything from you yet. I have just finished the
      table for the web page and hope to upload it soon, but don't worry, I
      will do regular updates and can include it then.