Cemeteries

  • suttlesound@bigpond.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 23, 2001
      Can someone tell me what cemeteries there are around Peterhead?
      Thanks.
      Sue
    • Sam Daniel
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 23, 2001
        There are 3.

        The oldest one on the South Road near the links. Also known as the Auld
        Kirkyard.

        Then there is the middle one which is on Constitution Street.

        And the newest is on Balmoral Terrace, this probably was started in
        1950s or 60s.

        --
        Sam Daniel
      • Alison Anderson
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 24, 2001
          Hi Sue,

          There are four Cemeteries in Peterhead.

          St. Peter's Churchyard, South Road - from 1706
          Constitution Street Cemetery - from 1869
          Balmoor Cemetery - from 1954, and
          Peterhead Grange - from 1992

          In the surrounging area there are also:

          St. Fergus Old Churchyard - from 1751, and
          St. Fergus New Churchyard - from 1946.

          Longside Churchyard - from 1712, and
          Longside Cemetery - from 1944

          Cruden Churchyards (not sure of dates)

          Hope this helps.

          Alison

          > Can someone tell me what cemeteries there are around Peterhead?
          > Thanks.
          > Sue

        • Sam Daniel
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1, 2001
            For those of you interested in what is happening today in Peterhead, see
            http://www.blootoon.com/index1.asp

            --
            Sam Daniel