Birnie bridge

  • anne watson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 15, 2001
      Does anyone know anything about a "Birnie Bridge" in Peterhead. I thought
      that I read about it in one of the letters or at the website for Peterhead.
      If there is such a thing are there any pictures of the bridge, and what
      street is it on. Elizabeth "Lizzie" Birnie b.Oct 20 1860 married to William
      Leslie Carnegie in 1892 was my husbands G-grandmother. I can trace her
      ancestors back to John Birnie m to Margaret Ogilvie. I still need birth,
      death and marriage dates for this couple. I know they had 2 sons John
      Birnie b.abt 1807 and a James Birnie - no information
      If anyone can help me I would appreciate it very much.
      Thank you one and all
      Anne
    • Jim Mann Taylor
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 16, 2001
        Anne,

        You will find full details of that family on:
        <http://www.j.mann.taylor.clara.net/family.htm>

        Jim Mann Taylor

        >Does anyone know anything about a "Birnie Bridge" in Peterhead. I thought
        >that I read about it in one of the letters or at the website for Peterhead.
        > If there is such a thing are there any pictures of the bridge, and what
        >street is it on. Elizabeth "Lizzie" Birnie b.Oct 20 1860 married to William
        >Leslie Carnegie in 1892 was my husbands G-grandmother. I can trace her
        >ancestors back to John Birnie m to Margaret Ogilvie. I still need birth,
        >death and marriage dates for this couple. I know they had 2 sons John
        >Birnie b.abt 1807 and a James Birnie - no information
        >If anyone can help me I would appreciate it very much.
        >Thank you one and all
        >Anne
      • David Davidson
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 26, 2001
          Anne
          The Birnie bridge was the bridge that crossed from Golf Road and
          crossed the River Ugie to the Golf Course I think there is a new bridge now
          but I don't know its name.

          Dave

          >From: "anne watson" <anneke2288@...>
          >To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [Peterhead] Birnie bridge
          >Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 23:39:19 -0400
          >
          >Does anyone know anything about a "Birnie Bridge" in Peterhead. I thought
          >that I read about it in one of the letters or at the website for Peterhead.
          > If there is such a thing are there any pictures of the bridge, and what
          >street is it on. Elizabeth "Lizzie" Birnie b.Oct 20 1860 married to
          >William
          >Leslie Carnegie in 1892 was my husbands G-grandmother. I can trace her
          >ancestors back to John Birnie m to Margaret Ogilvie. I still need birth,
          >death and marriage dates for this couple. I know they had 2 sons John
          >Birnie b.abt 1807 and a James Birnie - no information
          >If anyone can help me I would appreciate it very much.
          >Thank you one and all
          >Anne
        • anne watson
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 26, 2001
            Hi David:
            Thank you for your reply. I was in touch with a lady who had pictures of
            the old and new Birnie bridge. It was interesting to see them. She is a
            Birnie descendent. I appreciate your reply and again thank you.
            Anne