Re: [Peterhead] Return of Landowners 1873- lookup offer

  • dmatt
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 13, 2001
      Eileen,

      could you please look for the name Kinghorn for me?
      >I don't think many had land, but a possibility is Redbog, Strichen

      Have you tried the Strichen Estate records belonging to the North-East
      Scotland Library Service?, if you have a date I can check it when I am in
      Strichen next.

      David
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 14, 2001
        Joanne, a wonderful offer could you please search for the names
        Morrision in Aberdeen.
        & a William Johnston (Johnstone) and finally the name Yule. Thank you
        Melissa.

        Joanne Pye wrote:

        > > Hi there,
        > >
        > > I now have the above publication on loan from the library. It lists
        > those
        > > that owned more than 1 acre of land in Scotland and Wales during
        > 1873.
        > >
        > > The info contained for each entry is:
        > > Name of owner
        > > Address of owner
        > > Estimated acreage of property
        > > Gross value of property
        > >
        > > They are sorted alphabetically and in counties.
        > >
        > > If anyone would like me to look up anything in this book, please
        > just get
        > in
        > > touch. I have it on loan for 3 weeks.
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > > Joanne
        > > Researching:
        > > MILNE, KINLOCH, SMITH, ANGUS-Aberdeen
        > > KINLOCH, WATSON, SMITH-Glasgow
        > > KINLOCH, MITCHELSON-Dundee
        > >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        [www.debticated.com]

      • Sam Daniel
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 18, 2001
          Joanne,

          Can you look up Daniel (William) in the Cruden area? Thanks in
          advance.

          Sam

          --
          Sam Daniel