Re: [Peterhead] Return of Landowners 1873- lookup offer

  • a.harrop
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 12, 2001
      Joanne,
      Thanks for the offer, could you please look for the name Kinghorn for me?
      I don't think many had land, but a possibility is Redbog, Strichen.
      Thanks,
      Eileen Harrop
    • dmatt
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 13, 2001
        Eileen,

        could you please look for the name Kinghorn for me?
        >I don't think many had land, but a possibility is Redbog, Strichen

        Have you tried the Strichen Estate records belonging to the North-East
        Scotland Library Service?, if you have a date I can check it when I am in
        Strichen next.

        David
        >Thanks for the offer, could you please look for the name Kinghorn for me?
        >I don't think many had land, but a possibility is Redbog, Strichen.
        >Thanks,
        >Eileen Harrop
        >

        >Peterhead Genealogy at http://axs.com.au/~wsb/

      • Melissa J. Ellis
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 14, 2001
          Joanne, a wonderful offer could you please search for the names
          Morrision in Aberdeen.
          & a William Johnston (Johnstone) and finally the name Yule. Thank you
          Melissa.

          Joanne Pye wrote:

          > > Hi there,
          > >
          > > I now have the above publication on loan from the library. It lists
          > those
          > > that owned more than 1 acre of land in Scotland and Wales during
          > 1873.
          > >
          > > The info contained for each entry is:
          > > Name of owner
          > > Address of owner
          > > Estimated acreage of property
          > > Gross value of property
          > >
          > > They are sorted alphabetically and in counties.
          > >
          > > If anyone would like me to look up anything in this book, please
          > just get
          > in
          > > touch. I have it on loan for 3 weeks.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Joanne
          > > Researching:
          > > MILNE, KINLOCH, SMITH, ANGUS-Aberdeen
          > > KINLOCH, WATSON, SMITH-Glasgow
          > > KINLOCH, MITCHELSON-Dundee
          > >

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          [www.debticated.com]

        • Sam Daniel
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 18, 2001
            Joanne,

            Can you look up Daniel (William) in the Cruden area? Thanks in
            advance.

            Sam

            --
            Sam Daniel