Re: [Peterhead] Return of Landowners 1873- lookup offer

  • a.harrop
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 12 2:36 AM
      Joanne,
      Thanks for the offer, could you please look for the name Kinghorn for me?
      I don't think many had land, but a possibility is Redbog, Strichen.
      Thanks,
      Eileen Harrop
    • colin knaggs
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 12 4:12 AM
        Hello again Joanne

        Thank you for the last look-up. Very useful indeed.

        Can I please ask for one more.

        James ANDREWS or family from Peebles, Peebles.

        Thanks

        Colin
      • dmatt
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 13 1:36 PM
          Eileen,

          could you please look for the name Kinghorn for me?
          >I don't think many had land, but a possibility is Redbog, Strichen

          Have you tried the Strichen Estate records belonging to the North-East
          Scotland Library Service?, if you have a date I can check it when I am in
          Strichen next.

          David
          >Thanks for the offer, could you please look for the name Kinghorn for me?
          >I don't think many had land, but a possibility is Redbog, Strichen.
          >Thanks,
          >Eileen Harrop
          >

          >Peterhead Genealogy at http://axs.com.au/~wsb/

        • Melissa J. Ellis
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 14 8:11 AM
            Joanne, a wonderful offer could you please search for the names
            Morrision in Aberdeen.
            & a William Johnston (Johnstone) and finally the name Yule. Thank you
            Melissa.

            Joanne Pye wrote:

            > > Hi there,
            > >
            > > I now have the above publication on loan from the library. It lists
            > those
            > > that owned more than 1 acre of land in Scotland and Wales during
            > 1873.
            > >
            > > The info contained for each entry is:
            > > Name of owner
            > > Address of owner
            > > Estimated acreage of property
            > > Gross value of property
            > >
            > > They are sorted alphabetically and in counties.
            > >
            > > If anyone would like me to look up anything in this book, please
            > just get
            > in
            > > touch. I have it on loan for 3 weeks.
            > >
            > > Thanks,
            > > Joanne
            > > Researching:
            > > MILNE, KINLOCH, SMITH, ANGUS-Aberdeen
            > > KINLOCH, WATSON, SMITH-Glasgow
            > > KINLOCH, MITCHELSON-Dundee
            > >

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            [www.debticated.com]

          • Sam Daniel
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 18 2:07 PM
              Joanne,

              Can you look up Daniel (William) in the Cruden area? Thanks in
              advance.

              Sam

              --
              Sam Daniel