Re: Cobban

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 19, 1998
      Hi Judy,

      gordon f. hammerstrom wrote:

      > I am searching for my Cobban's from Peterhead. Would you see if there
      > are any listed for this census?

      Welcome to the Peterhead list. The only one I found is:
      1851 Census, District 15, Page 11, No.35, Blackhouse.
      Margaret Cobben, head, 71, Lonmay
      Elizabeth Gibson, daughter, 30, Peterhead
      Mary S. Alexander, grand-daughter, 6 months, Peterhead

      Mary Alexander born 20/9/1850 baptised 11/11/1850 parents: John
      Alexander and Elizabeth Gibson.

      Can you tell us more about your Cobban's from Peterhead.

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 11, 1998
        Hi Judy,

        gordon f. hammerstrom wrote:

        > Do you have any Cobbans in the census? I have been searching for my
        > Cobbans I have back to James Cobban my ggrandfather born about 1860 and
        > would love to find his parents...my grandfather George was born in 1886
        > in Longside. thanks so much Judy

        Sorry for the delay in replying. The only one I found is:
        1851 Peterhead Census, District 15, page 11, No.35, Blackhouse
        Margaret Cobben, head, 71, Lonmay
        Elisabeth Gibson, daughter, 30, Peterhead
        Mary S. Alexander, g-daughter, 6 months, Peterhead

        regards, Wade.
        --
        Researching ancestors from Peterhead, Aberdeenshire?
        Visit Peterhead Genealogy http://axs.com.au/~wsb
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 17, 1999
          Hi All,

          Can not remember who asked, but I didn't find a James Cobban b1860c in
          Peterhead during the 1881 Census.