Re: [Peterhead] Return of Landowners 1873- lookup offer

  • colin knaggs
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 11, 2001
      Hello Joanne,

      I noticed you posting

      I am interested to know about possible land holdings for the following
      HUSBAND names from Cupar, Fife:

      Andrew
      James
      David
      John.

      Also a John LAMBERT, Selkirk, Selkirk.

      Cheers

      Colin
    • Elisabeth Wilson
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 11, 2001
        At 03:00 11/06/2001, you wrote:

        > > If anyone would like me to look up anything in this book, please just get
        >in touch. I have it on loan for 3 weeks.

        Dear Joanne,

        What a generous offer. Could you try Thomas YOUNG, Hill of Coldwells near
        Cruden please? or any Thomas Young in the area (could be his father). If
        I get some time there may be a couple of other names I'll ask you also.

        Many thanks,
        Elisabeth

        Elisabeth Wilson
        South Hobart, Tasmania
        researching GORDON GIBB YOUNG SPENCE PAUL MURRISON CRAIG DAVIDSON
      • a.harrop
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 12, 2001
          Joanne,
          Thanks for the offer, could you please look for the name Kinghorn for me?
          I don't think many had land, but a possibility is Redbog, Strichen.
          Thanks,
          Eileen Harrop
        • colin knaggs
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 12, 2001
            Hello again Joanne

            Thank you for the last look-up. Very useful indeed.

            Can I please ask for one more.

            James ANDREWS or family from Peebles, Peebles.

            Thanks

            Colin
          • dmatt
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 13, 2001
              Eileen,

              could you please look for the name Kinghorn for me?
              >I don't think many had land, but a possibility is Redbog, Strichen

              Have you tried the Strichen Estate records belonging to the North-East
              Scotland Library Service?, if you have a date I can check it when I am in
              Strichen next.

              David
              >Thanks for the offer, could you please look for the name Kinghorn for me?
              >I don't think many had land, but a possibility is Redbog, Strichen.
              >Thanks,
              >Eileen Harrop
              >

              >Peterhead Genealogy at http://axs.com.au/~wsb/

            • Melissa J. Ellis
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 14, 2001
                Joanne, a wonderful offer could you please search for the names
                Morrision in Aberdeen.
                & a William Johnston (Johnstone) and finally the name Yule. Thank you
                Melissa.

                Joanne Pye wrote:

                > > Hi there,
                > >
                > > I now have the above publication on loan from the library. It lists
                > those
                > > that owned more than 1 acre of land in Scotland and Wales during
                > 1873.
                > >
                > > The info contained for each entry is:
                > > Name of owner
                > > Address of owner
                > > Estimated acreage of property
                > > Gross value of property
                > >
                > > They are sorted alphabetically and in counties.
                > >
                > > If anyone would like me to look up anything in this book, please
                > just get
                > in
                > > touch. I have it on loan for 3 weeks.
                > >
                > > Thanks,
                > > Joanne
                > > Researching:
                > > MILNE, KINLOCH, SMITH, ANGUS-Aberdeen
                > > KINLOCH, WATSON, SMITH-Glasgow
                > > KINLOCH, MITCHELSON-Dundee
                > >

                > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                [www.debticated.com]

              • Sam Daniel
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 18, 2001
                  Joanne,

                  Can you look up Daniel (William) in the Cruden area? Thanks in
                  advance.

                  Sam

                  --
                  Sam Daniel