Re: [Peterhead] Return of Landowners 1873- lookup offer

  • anne watson
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 10, 2001
      Hi Joanne:
      Thats a great thing to offer to look up things for others and I appreciate
      it very much. I am looking for ROBERT WATSON. Born about 1890 to 1900.
      The only thing that I know about him is that he was in Cove/Kilcreggan on
      the Roseneath Peninsula in the year 1920/21. I have that information from
      his sons birth certificate who was born December 19, 1921 in Cove. Rose
      Cottage, Peaton, Cove, Scotland. I do not know if they owned land or not
      because shortly after his son was born he immigrated to Canada. His wife
      Jane Smith followed when the son Thomas was 3 years old. In Cove Robert was
      supposed to have been the Manager of the "Gas Works"? I hope that you can
      find something for me because I am getting very frustrated with Robert.
      Robert had a brother Charles and 2 sisters Sarah and Mary "Polly". I
      hope all this helps and what every you find will be most welcome and if you
      cannot help that is OK as well. Have a wonderful weekend and hope to hear
      something (anything) from you.

      Again Sincere Thanks
      Anne Watson
    • D. Bates
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 10, 2001
        hi there joanne,

        how kind of you to offer lookups. would you please look up WERNHAM in
        aberdeenshire and in banffshire. i don't know if these relatives owned that
        much land but you never know.
        also could you look up MURRAY in aberdeenshire.

        thankyou. diane in winnipeg canada
      • colin knaggs
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 11, 2001
          Hello Joanne,

          I noticed you posting

          I am interested to know about possible land holdings for the following
          HUSBAND names from Cupar, Fife:

          Andrew
          James
          David
          John.

          Also a John LAMBERT, Selkirk, Selkirk.

          Cheers

          Colin
        • Elisabeth Wilson
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 11, 2001
            At 03:00 11/06/2001, you wrote:

            > > If anyone would like me to look up anything in this book, please just get
            >in touch. I have it on loan for 3 weeks.

            Dear Joanne,

            What a generous offer. Could you try Thomas YOUNG, Hill of Coldwells near
            Cruden please? or any Thomas Young in the area (could be his father). If
            I get some time there may be a couple of other names I'll ask you also.

            Many thanks,
            Elisabeth

            Elisabeth Wilson
            South Hobart, Tasmania
            researching GORDON GIBB YOUNG SPENCE PAUL MURRISON CRAIG DAVIDSON
          • a.harrop
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 12, 2001
              Joanne,
              Thanks for the offer, could you please look for the name Kinghorn for me?
              I don't think many had land, but a possibility is Redbog, Strichen.
              Thanks,
              Eileen Harrop
            • colin knaggs
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 12, 2001
                Hello again Joanne

                Thank you for the last look-up. Very useful indeed.

                Can I please ask for one more.

                James ANDREWS or family from Peebles, Peebles.

                Thanks

                Colin
              • dmatt
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 13, 2001
                  Eileen,

                  could you please look for the name Kinghorn for me?
                  >I don't think many had land, but a possibility is Redbog, Strichen

                  Have you tried the Strichen Estate records belonging to the North-East
                  Scotland Library Service?, if you have a date I can check it when I am in
                  Strichen next.

                  David
                  >Thanks for the offer, could you please look for the name Kinghorn for me?
                  >I don't think many had land, but a possibility is Redbog, Strichen.
                  >Thanks,
                  >Eileen Harrop
                  >

                  >Peterhead Genealogy at http://axs.com.au/~wsb/

                • Melissa J. Ellis
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 14, 2001
                    Joanne, a wonderful offer could you please search for the names
                    Morrision in Aberdeen.
                    & a William Johnston (Johnstone) and finally the name Yule. Thank you
                    Melissa.

                    Joanne Pye wrote:

                    > > Hi there,
                    > >
                    > > I now have the above publication on loan from the library. It lists
                    > those
                    > > that owned more than 1 acre of land in Scotland and Wales during
                    > 1873.
                    > >
                    > > The info contained for each entry is:
                    > > Name of owner
                    > > Address of owner
                    > > Estimated acreage of property
                    > > Gross value of property
                    > >
                    > > They are sorted alphabetically and in counties.
                    > >
                    > > If anyone would like me to look up anything in this book, please
                    > just get
                    > in
                    > > touch. I have it on loan for 3 weeks.
                    > >
                    > > Thanks,
                    > > Joanne
                    > > Researching:
                    > > MILNE, KINLOCH, SMITH, ANGUS-Aberdeen
                    > > KINLOCH, WATSON, SMITH-Glasgow
                    > > KINLOCH, MITCHELSON-Dundee
                    > >

                    > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                    [www.debticated.com]

                  • Sam Daniel
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 18, 2001
                      Joanne,

                      Can you look up Daniel (William) in the Cruden area? Thanks in
                      advance.

                      Sam

                      --
                      Sam Daniel